Mumstown Chat

Table Quiz in aid of Belarus!

Anything about anything!

Table Quiz in aid of Belarus!

Postby admin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 pm

admin
Site Admin

We've been asked to give this event a shout out....please support if you can!

My Name is Vicky Gregory I work in Tresses and Tallons in Bettystown. Since 2007 I have been going over to a town called Vilejka in Belarus to an orphanage which is home to 180 kids aged 4 to 16 . The charity I go with is called Pashli and over the last 10 years we have been able to refurbish bedrooms , classrooms , bathrooms and halls , we have put in new shower blocks for the kids and replaced 120 old draughty wooden windows to triple glazed pvc ones which has made a huge difference to the conditions the kids were living in .

Each year I go I have to raise 1000 euro to cover the costs of materials for the work we will do this year I have the opportunity to bring my 2 sons with me on the trip . They have seen the photos and video ‘s each year when I come home as well as having some of the kids stay in our home for a holiday each year and have always expressed they would love to go and do the work themselves so this year I am trying to make that happen which means I have 3000 to raise .

I am having a fundraising table quiz “ Have a Heart For Belarus “ in the Neptune in Bettystown on the 16th February at 8pm . Tickets will be 10 euro each . There will be spot prizes and a raffle on the night and we are looking for spot prizes and people to come along on the night for a fun way to support this brilliant cause.