Mumstown Chat

Sick, sick, sick....

So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health

Sick, sick, sick....

Postby Sabbi » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Sabbi

Has anyone got this terrible flu that's going around?

My hubby has been sick since St Stephen's Day. In our 20 years together, I have never seen him so ill. The only time he's left the house is when I took him to doctor. I feel terrible for him, he's been so weak and shivery and its been almost 2 weeks of it.

Our son has a touch of it too, he slept for 4 hours yesterday afternoon and is hot and clammy and off his food now too.

Our daughters have been ill but not as bad thankfully.

So basically, my Christmas break has consisted of making lemsips, making cups of tea, warm dinners, bringing blankets to them and trying my best to look after them.

Our wine rack is still full....that's how quiet its been here!!! Its rare I would say this but I really need a night out in January!!! I am gonna have a girls night out in a week or two once the patients are all ok. Its been a bit of a miserable 2 weeks here with a symphony of coughing, sneezing, moaning etc.... This is what our house sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-lQc2ZudyA

Anyone else ill? Its a nasty nasty bug...hope you and your families ok.

Re: Sick, sick, sick....

Postby allyj » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:11 pm

allyj

That sounds like proper flu sabbi, miserable. I actually got the flu shot yesterday and I never get it but seems to be especially rampant and crappy this year. Hope they recover soon and you get your well earned night out. So much for nollaig na mna !

Postby Haileysmum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am

Haileysmum

Your house sounds like what my house was like over xmas, I was sick from 21st dec- new years day - can't say it was the funest of times....I ended up going back to work tireder than I was when I left it!- Happy New Year everyone- here's to a healthier and happier one ahead.

Postby munchin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 am

munchin

I don't know any family that haven't been effected with either flu heavy colds or tummy bugs over Christmas. I didn't come into work our last day as I wasn't well.
Hope all recovered and Happy and healthier new year to everyone xo