Mumstown Chat

Baby Shower??????

Anything about anything!

Baby Shower??????

Postby ruby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 am

ruby

quick query ladies.......I have been invited to a neighbours daughters baby shower next weekend. This is totally a new one for me.....I know they are popular now but its a first for me.......Just wondering whats the story with presents???...who do I buy for???...any suggestions??????........ the neighbours would be good friends.......Im just clueless about these things

Re: Baby Shower??????

Postby mammycool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:57 pm

mammycool

Never been to one!

From what I see on television, you buy for the baby - it is the American way of getting everything they need for baby.
mammycool

Re: Baby Shower??????

Postby Sabbi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Sabbi

We had a baby shower for my sister and sister in law during the summer and most of the girls who came brought baby gifts. It does not have to anything huge but its nice to get something for the baby and wrap it up. Sometimes the mum-to-be will open the gifts there - my sis did that. It was great, she got loads of cool stuff for babs. We got her a personalised bracelet too from us (her 3 sisters)

It was really sweet. We did some games like 'Put the nappy on the baby blindfolded' and 'Guess the baby' (where all the girls who came brought a bay pic of themeselves and we stuck them up on a wall and the mum-to-be had to guess who was who

We got decorations from Partyworld.ie but you can pick up some cool stuff and games from Dealz for 1.50.

HTH and hope you have fun!!