Mumstown Chat

No more eggs for lunch....what the heck???!!!

Anything about anything!

No more eggs for lunch....what the heck???!!!

Postby Sabbi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 am

Sabbi

Ok, so I understand nut allergies and I respect that I cannot add any products with nuts into my children's lunches.

I also am fully on board with the healthy lunch policy and I do my very best to give my children healthy lunches each day.

I try so hard NOT to give them ham sandwiches and I vary their lunches as much as I can.

So when I got a note home this week to say we can no longer give eggs due to Severe allergies, I just felt like giving up altogether!!

Are egg allergies even a thing? I don't know anyone with an egg allergy. If this is a common thing and I am being ignorant, I apologise but I honestly had not heard of it and I would sometimes put some eggs in their wraps or caesar salads.

Lunches are becoming so bloody difficult to make for school.....

Re: No more eggs for lunch....what the heck???!!!

Postby allyj » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:26 am

allyj

I suspect our kids may be in the same school sabbi! There is a child in my son's class who has allergies to nuts egg and chickpea so no humous either. It is tricky, basically it's cheese or ham. It must be terrifying for parents of these kids though. I don't think I'd be able to let them out of my sight.

Postby Sabbi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Sabbi

My daughter came home yesterday and said no more popcorn either.

I just don't know what to feed them anymore! Everything I put in their lunchboxes seems to be wrong.

Yep, it must be terrifying for parents of children with allergies. Its just that there are so many allergies now, its like walking on eggshells trying to get lunches right.

Its strange how when we went to school, no-one had allergies? How can this be??

Postby munchin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:16 am

munchin

My daughter and her pal have egg mayo sandwiches at least once a week
It is hard to vary their lunches alright
My 2 hate sandwiches but they have them Mon to Thurs they're given choice ham cheese chicken etc etc but invariably it's ham for one and chicken for other.
Pasta is great alternative and can have all sorts added to it