Mumstown Chat

Discounts due to end!

Financial advice that you can trust. With over 20 years experience, Dave Kavanagh from Financial Companion can help you in the areas of personal financial planning, life & serious illness cover, income protection, pensions,
savings & investments, mortgage advice and budgeting.

Dave does the regular finance & consumer advice slot on The Tubridy Show, RTE 2FM. Flexible appointments with no cost and no obligation. Contact to find out how you could be paying less each month.

Discounts due to end!

Postby Financial Companion » Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Financial Companion

Competition between a few of the life companies had seen them extend the premium discounts on offer for mortgage protection, life cover and serious illness cover, in order to compete with each other. It now looks like these are due to end soon with no signs of any further extension.

Depending on the cover, the discount is up to 15% off the regular premium and the discounted premium STAYS IN PLACE FOR THE FULL TERM!

This could be saving you thousands of euro over the term of a plan and it costs absolutely nothing to compare and see if you could be saving and there is no obligation.

To see how easy it is, just email info@financialcompanion.ie or phone/text Dave on 087-6414570.

Re: Discounts due to end!

Postby Financial Companion » Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 am

Financial Companion

I get asked this a lot. It does not matter who your mortgage lender is, you do NOT have to have cover arranged through them, or have it deducted with your mortgage payment. You are quite entitled to arrange the cheapest cover available and control the payments yourself by direct debit.

It only takes minutes to do a comparison to see if you could be saving.

Postby Financial Companion » Sun May 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Financial Companion

I got an email to run a comparison quote for a couple for their mortgage protection. In a few minutes, I emailed them back showing that they could save €18.26 per month. They have 26 years left on their mortgage. That's saved them €5,697.12 for a 2 minute email!

Don't put it on the long finger ;-)

Postby bubblesue » Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 pm

bubblesue

My sister asked me what happens to the premiums after the first year? Am I right in saying the discounted premium stays for the full plan? So if it is a 25 year plan the premium stays the same?

Postby Financial Companion » Tue May 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Financial Companion

That's exactly right, Sue. The discount that applies to the premium is for the full term. So if someone's mortgage protection or life cover has a discounted premium of €39. It is guaranteed to stay at €39 per month for the full term.

If she wants to email me details to info@financialcompanion.ie I will run a specific quote for her.

Postby bubblesue » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

bubblesue

Great, I've just passed that on to her. What info does she need to send you?

Postby Financial Companion » Wed May 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Financial Companion

If it's mortgage protection Sue, just dates of birth, smoker status, balance & term remaining on the mortgage, and I can do an exact comparison. If it's any other type of cover, just the details (level and type of cover, term, premium) and dates of birth and smoker status. Any questions, just tell her to ask me in the email or she can phone/text me on 087-6414570.

Dave.

Postby Financial Companion » Fri May 19, 2017 9:59 am

Financial Companion

IMPORTANT - Reminder, there is NO COST and NO OBLIGATION to review your cover or premium. If you can lower your premium for exactly the same cover, or get better/higher cover for the same premium, then you save money/get better cover, with no cost. If you cannot get cover cheaper/better, then you have peace of mind that you are getting the best value already, also for no cost.

There is absolutely no reason or excuse to not review something as important as cover that you pay so much for.

Email info@financialcompanion.ie for more details or phone/text 087-6414570.

Dave.

Postby Financial Companion » Wed May 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Financial Companion

And just a reminder, if you have been off cigarettes for at least 12 months, you are entitled to "non-smoker" rates, which can massively reduce premiums. What are you waiting for? Email for a quote ;-)