Mumstown Chat

Why are women so undervalued??

Financial advice that you can trust. With over 20 years experience, Dave Kavanagh from Financial Companion can help you in the areas of personal financial planning, life & serious illness cover, income protection, pensions,
savings & investments, mortgage advice and budgeting.

Dave does the regular finance & consumer advice slot on The Tubridy Show, RTE 2FM. Flexible appointments with no cost and no obligation. Contact to find out how you could be paying less each month.

Why are women so undervalued??

Postby Financial Companion » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:04 am

Financial Companion

Take 2 minutes and have a read of a blog I wrote recently. Does any of it sound familiar?

http://financialcompanion.ie/2016/04/wh ... dervalued/

Re: Why are women so undervalued??

Postby Financial Companion » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Financial Companion

There's a formula for calculating the levels of cover that are appropriate for each person's circumstances, taking into account the financial loss that would be suffered, debts to be cleared, income lost, length of time to provide for (usually based on age of children) and taking into account any other income that would be received such as survivor's benefit, any pension income etc.

If anyone wants to find out what levels of cover they should have, with no cost or obligation, just email info@financialcompanion.ie or phone/text 087-6414570.

Dave.

Postby bubblesue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm

bubblesue

After I read the blog I asked a few friends about their situations and sure enough in all but one case there was little or no cover on the "homemaker"! So important to make sure what you have in place is right for you.

Postby Financial Companion » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:07 am

Financial Companion

What's even more alarming Sue, is at a recent talk I gave to about 40 parents, I asked for a show of hands of anyone that actually knew how much life cover they currently had in place and which life company it was with? Out of 40 parents, no hands went up! :shock:

Waiting until these valuable benefits might come into play, is too late.

It really is worth taking a few minutes to check what you have and then make sure you are getting the best value, especially if cover was taken out directly with either a bank or insurance company that could only show their own premiums.

Postby bubblesue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm

bubblesue

I don't doubt it. 1 of my friends had no idea if she had any cover on herself but she knew that she had her dog and mobile phone insured! :lol:

Postby Financial Companion » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 am

Financial Companion

That's not that unusual, sadly. In fairness, even when someone takes the time to review what they have or should have and gets all the details, it's not something they give a lot of thought to afterwards, and 2-3 years later, their circumstances may have changed but they've also forgotten what exactly they have.

A good tip is to set a reminder on your phone for 1 month from now with the intention of looking at what you actually have in place. If the reminder goes off and you still haven't done anything, then pick up the phone and do it straight away or it will never get done, until it's too late.