Mumstown Chat

The Arc Cinema Weekly Screenings & Times

Movie reviews, TV, book club, games, activities for the whole family!

The Arc Cinema Weekly Screenings & Times

Postby The Arc Cinema » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 pm

The Arc Cinema

Information, Images, Pricing on The Arc Cinema can be found here:
The Arc Cinema

The Arc Cinema Schedule – Friday September 22 to Thursday September 28

American Assassin 18
18:55 21:15 (Fri, Sat, Mon – Thurs)
13:45 18:55 21:10 (Sun)

American Made 15A
18:35 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
19:05 21:30 (Sat)
18:40 21:10 (Sun)

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie G
13:45 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
12:10 14:05 16:20 (Sun)
12:10 14:05 (Sat)

Despicable Me 3 G
11:45 (Sat, Sun)

Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone PG
14:00 (Sat)

IT 16
15:40 15:20 21:05 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
15:35 18:30 21:25 (Sat)
16:10 18:30 21:25 (Sun)

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 16
13:40 15:40 18:35 21:30 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
16:15 18:15 21:15 (Sat)
15:25 18:15 21:15 (Sun)

Mother 18
16:20 18:50 21:15 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
16:15 18:30 21:00 (Sat, Sun)

Song of Granite TBC
14:00 (Every day)

The Emoji Movie: Express Yourself G
13:40 16:20 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
11:55 13:35 16:10 (Sat)
11:55 16:25 (Sun)

The Jungle Bunch G
13:50 16:30 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
11:00 11:50 13:45 16:00 (Sat)
11:00 11:45 13:55 16:05 (Sun)

The Hitman’s Bodyguard 16
21:25 (Fri, Mon, Tues, Thurs)

The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature G
11:45 13:50 (Sat, Sun)

Victoria & Abdul PG
13:45 16:10 18:30 21:00 (Fri, Mon – Thurs)
13:55 18:40 21:05 (Sat, Sun)

Kids Club @ 11:00am (Sat, Sun)
The Jungle Bunch - €3.50 per person (adult / child)

Fiver Friday for the month of September! Offer applies to all online bookings only!
Listings subject to change. Visit http://www.ArcCinema.ie
Last edited by The Arc Cinema on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Arc Cinema Weekly Screenings & Times

Postby Fabienne » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:37 am

Fabienne

Hi,
on the website I can't find the price for the kids club combo (seat + special offer like treat to eat and/or drink).

I'm glad to see every week the list of the movies on Mumstown.

Fabienne
French teacher,

Postby Sabbi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:50 am

Sabbi

The kids combo is €4.60 for drink, popcorn and sweets. Or you can upgrade to a combo with popcorn, sweets and a slush puppie (instead of drink) for €5. Our kids love the slushies and its good you can get it in with the deal for a fiver.

They also do deals on a Tuesday of admission, popcorn and drink for €10. Perfect for couples going out or for a movie night with the girls :D

Postby munchin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:21 am

munchin

went to see the nutjob yesterday with a 8/5/3yr old - all really enjoyed it. Have to say the staff we dealt with yesterday were only lovely. Great to see something like this in the Drogheda Area.

Postby munchin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 am

munchin

the kids combo price doesn't include movie ticket

Postby chewieodie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 pm

chewieodie

Can't wait to use our family pass..... ;) The kids have chosen Book of Life.... so I reckon we'll be heading down to the cinema over the weekend... :)

I personally am just delighted that I no longer have to travel to take the kids to the movies! How lucky to have such a fab cinema on our doorstep.. ;)
Angels surround us... ;)

Postby Sabbi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Sabbi

And don't forget about Crazy Tuesday....its only a tenner for admission, popcorn and a drink. Happy days, especially in January when everyone is broke so this is a fun, cheap night out. :D

Postby scole1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:56 pm

scole1

Looking forward to a girlie movie night on tues spending time with my soul sister...now it's to toss a coin on what movie...lol

Postby Sabbi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Sabbi

Has anyone seen 'Into the woods?' Think might take my girls to this during mid-term break next week.

Postby bubblesue » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:59 pm

bubblesue

I keep meaning to get along to try here since it opened. Do they still have a deal on Tuesdays?

Postby The Arc Cinema » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:14 pm

The Arc Cinema

Hi bubblesue

Yes plenty of offers on every Tuesday.

We call it out our "Crazy Tuesday" offer - a cinema ticket plus a Tuesday Combo including a bag of popcorn and a drink, all for the bargain price of €10!
Available all day, every Tuesday.
3D shows are €1 extra (excluding 3D glasses). Tickets can be bought online or at the cinema.
Come early to get the best seats!

Postby Sabbi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Sabbi

Cannot wait to see Jurassic World....looks great!!!!

Postby Sabbi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:12 am

Sabbi

I took my 10, 7 & 3 year olds to see Minions yesterday at Arc cinema and while I thought it was a bit rubbish, the children loved it.

The screen was practically full and all the kids were engrossed. My daughters were glued to it, there was no messing and they didn't even do their usual 2 trips to the toilet in the middle of the movie.

I have to highly recommend it. All the kids in the cinema seemed to love it. There wasn't the usual jumping up and down. It was like they were all hypnotised

If you have kids of any age, go see it. they'll love it!

My kids all gave it 10/10 :D

Postby munchin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:16 am

munchin

my 8yr old is absolutely dying to see this - I'm off on Thursday afternoon so might take them then

Postby munchin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 pm

munchin

well we went - kids loved it -thought it was just ok myself but the girls loved it. Next on the list is inside out!!!!!!!

and great value in the Arc was 19.10 including my card parking for the 3 of us

Postby Sabbi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Sabbi

We went to Inside Out today and it's very good. Sweet and funny, we took our 4 children and they all liked it. We give it a very healthy 7.5 out of 10!

Perfect family movie.

But word of note, there is no need to see it in 3D, we only did because we were too late for the 2nd show and there was no reason for a 3D version at all IMO

Love the Arc, its so modern with excellent sound, comfy seats and very friendly staff. Such a great addition to Drogheda.

Postby allyj » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 pm

allyj

We went to see "Song of the Sea" today, the Irish animated movie and the kids absolutely loved it. They are 10, 4 and 2 and they were glued to the screen the whole way through. They gave it 10 out of 10! Have to say I loved it too, it was such a change from the usual Disney Pixar stuff that we are used to and at first I wasn't sure if it would hold their attention but it certainly did. It looks like a beautifully illustrated story book and the music is great in it also. The imagery in the film is really captivating and the two younger kids climbed up onto our knees to snuggle in to watch it, which is most unusual for them in the cinema. The Irishness is full on but not corny. It's a real emotional tale, you might need your tissues! :lol:

Postby admin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:04 am

admin
Site Admin

We got to go to a premiere of Sing Street this week and we have to say, its brilliant.

Such a sweet Irish movie with a cracking soundtrack, well worth checking out.

Suitable for age 10 upwards.

Really great for anyone who likes music, I loved it!!

Postby munchin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:29 pm

munchin

have to say love this cinema and best value around BUT all the movies kicking off around the same time esp on sat sun around 2pm is pure bedlham - was there yesterday and almost lost one of my girls it was so packed and on occasions i've been in the queue only to see people infront of me dissapointed because they've missed the movie or the movie they want is sold out they've been so long in the queue. I usually buy my tickets online but last sat we almost missed the start of the movie as we queued so long for food then went upstairs and joined the massive queue which was for more than one film. Maybe it's something managment can look into - puts me off and i as i said at the start i love this cinema

Postby The Arc Cinema » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 am

The Arc Cinema

munchin wrote:have to say love this cinema and best value around BUT all the movies kicking off around the same time esp on sat sun around 2pm is pure bedlham - was there yesterday and almost lost one of my girls it was so packed and on occasions i've been in the queue only to see people infront of me dissapointed because they've missed the movie or the movie they want is sold out they've been so long in the queue. I usually buy my tickets online but last sat we almost missed the start of the movie as we queued so long for food then went upstairs and joined the massive queue which was for more than one film. Maybe it's something managment can look into - puts me off and i as i said at the start i love this cinema

Hi munchin many thanks for the feedback.

Hope to answer some of the excellent points you raised:
  • Unfortunately, all screens have to screen a movie per “rush” – 11am/12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 9pm. If we separated times out more than 30 minutes, we would lose screenings as we can only screen so many in a day.
  • If you don’t pre-book online, there is a strong possibility you will be disappointed. We put statuses on Facebook weekly advising people to book in advance.
  • Average queue times are 6-8 minutes. We always recommend guests arrive a minimum of ten minutes before their schedule showtime.
  • We are at the mercy of limited holding space and cannot eliminate queues at Ticket Check.
  • Unfortunately there will be queues and crowds at weekends, school holidays and general peak times.

Postby The Arc Cinema » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm

The Arc Cinema

Updated for: The Arc Cinema Schedule – Friday September 22 to Thursday September 28