Mumstown Chat

First day of school!

Creches, Schools & Special Needs

First day of school!

Postby Sabbi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Sabbi

Has anyone got a child starting first day of school in Sep?

Our daughter is going to Naionra for 5 days a week from next Monday and we are a bit nervous about sending her in for the full week but we know she'll be ok (well, we hope so anyway!)

I cannot believe she is growing up so fast, seems like yesterday she was a baby!!!

Anyone else worried/excited/nervous/ about school at all?

Re: First day of school!

Postby munchin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 pm

munchin

oh wow - you know what sabbi there's something about the baby starting

E2 is now going into senior infants which freaks me out a bit but i remember her starting Junior infants last year - i was in bits when i got (i made it home mind) but it really got to me - not a bother on her - i didn't even get a backward glance - and she was the exact same in montessoir :roll:

Postby allyj » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 pm

allyj

Yea my little man starting in gaelscoil in September and I was a bit worried as he hadn't been to naionra. I sent him into the summer camp in the school in July and he really loved it so that eased my mind a lot. Still not impressed that he's growing up so fast though, it only seems a few months ago since I brought him home from Holles Street, just want to press pause:-(

Postby Sabbi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Sabbi

it goes by so fast :(

Wish I could slow it all down!!!!

Postby Sabbi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Sabbi

Just thinking about my own first day of school. It was my birthday and I was 4. My Granny and Grandad came all the way from Dublin to bring me to school in their car as a treat (we did not have a car back then)

I had a Snoopy lunchbox and I liked my teacher.

Looking back, I was very young to start but there was not a bother on me. Even though school always started on my birthday, it never bothered me at all.

I loved school. Primary, secondary and college. Loved it all!

I hope my children feel the same when they get to secondary and beyond......

Postby munchin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:15 am

munchin

i vaguely remember mine too - i have to say i loved school too and so far so good with my pair

My niece is starting school today - the last of the cousins on my side :wink: