Mumstown Chat

Parents, Take Charge! Workshops Dublin & Cork

Creches, Schools & Special Needs

Parents, Take Charge! Workshops Dublin & Cork

Postby T75M » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:33 pm

T75M

Dr Sandy Gluckman, author of the book Parents, Take Charge! will be in Dublin and Cork this month (November) to conduct workshops for parents and teachers of children with learning and behavioural challenges. Her drug-free programme is based on the latest research and practices in medicine and neuroscience.

Dr. Gluckman, a Clinical Psychologist with over 30 years experience, has developed a programme called Parents, Take Charge! for parents of children from age 4 to late teens. Dr. Gluckman, who was born in South Africa, lives in Dallas, Texas, USA. She is returning to Ireland after the success of the workshops she carried out in October.

Imelda Garvey attended one of Dr Gluckman’s workshops in Dublin last month. She commented, “My son is a late developer, he was slow to start walking and talking, he has behavioural difficulties. That has had a big impact on his education. I heard about Dr Gluckman through my sister’s friend who is a Montessori teacher. I found the workshop really inspiring, what she said makes perfect sense. It was easy to take on board, easy to follow. We just want to do everything we can to help him. We’ve spent a fortune on other treatments. This workshop has changed my mind-set, it has empowered me to do things”.

Dr Gluckman’s programme can help children with symptoms of bullying, temper tantrums, low self-esteem, meltdowns and moodiness. It will also help parents whose children have been diagnosed with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers, Tourettes, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) and depression.

Having a child in the family with learning, mood or behaviour issues has a noticeable impact on the entire family. Parents who have concerns about the side-effects of medication on young children, often feel that their choices are limited. The programme educates parents and teachers about healing children without prescription drugs and teach them how to identify and remove the underlying causes of learning and behavioural problems, rather than medicate the symptoms.

Workshops for parents will take place in Dublin on the following dates;
• Sun 17 Nov from 2-6pm, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown
• Wed 20 Nov from 10am-2pm, Clontarf Castle Hotel, Clontarf
• Sat 30 Nov from 2-6pm, Green Isle Hotel, Naas Road

The workshop in Cork is on Sun 24 Nov from 2-6pm, in The Maryborough Hotel and Spa in Douglas.

Registration is by email to info@parentsandteacherstakecharge.com. A special workshop for teachers will be held on Wed 27 Nov from 10am-2pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown.