Mumstown Chat

new to dunleer/togher area,need school review

Creches, Schools & Special Needs

new to dunleer/togher area,need school review

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:11 am

Hiya,
We've just moved out to the area and want to get our son into pre-school. I've heard that the secondary school in dunleer is supposed to be very good,but can anyone tell me about the primary school(s)? And recommend a nice pre-school? There seems to be a fair few around,but no reviews.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: new to dunleer/togher area,need school review

Postby oriordan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 am

oriordan

Hi Emsylogical,

Welcome to Dunleer.

The primary school nearest Togher is Tullydonnell. I know a few people whos kids go to it and they love it. Its a country school and so a bit more intimate than the bigger primary school Naomh Bríd in Dunleer. Other country schools in the parish of Dunleer are Dromin and Philpstown, all get great reviews.
Preschool wise:
In Togher there is Scallyways a community run creche.
In Dunleer there is Tir na Nog Montessori on the Dundalk Road, Little and Big Rascals, a preschool and afterschool service beside the National School, and Naionra Oiriall, a small Irish speaking preschool in owners own home off the Mountain Road, as youre coming from Togher into Dunleer.

Hope this is of some help.
Enjoy Dunleer, its great!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm

That's great,thanks. Scallywags is not too far from me. Do you know much about it?

Postby oriordan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:01 pm

oriordan

Sorry, don't know of anyone who sent their kids to Scallywags, so couldnt really comment one way or the other