Mumstown Chat

Is your Pilates Instructor Certified?

Owner of BodyRight Chartered Physiotherapy Sarah Plunkett answers your questions on Injury & Pain Management, Postural Problems, Women's Health and Core Strengthening.

Is your Pilates Instructor Certified?

Postby Bodyrightphysio » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Bodyrightphysio

Hi Guys

Interesting article below highlighting issues that can arise when your Pilates Instructor is unqualified.

At BodyRight all Pilates Instructors are Chartered Physiotherapists and APPI certified.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ngers.html

Re: Is your Pilates Instructor Certified?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 pm

I am a qualifed Pilates instructor, but when I was starting new classes this Sept, I had a call asking me whether I was qualified as the classes that this person had been to in Drogheda earlier in the year did not have a qualifed instructor. And she had been going to her for a few months!!

Re: Is your Pilates Instructor Certified?

Postby Sabbi » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 am

Sabbi

i think its great that people are actually asking if their instructor is qualified - we need to be sure the person teaching knows what they are doing. one of the impressive things about Labfitness is the massive amount of qualifications on the wall as you walk in. no shortage of expertise in there!! www.labfitness.com