Mumstown Chat

Massage Therapy for Fitness & Life

Founded in 2010 after extensive research and product design, sásta Fitness Franchise is an Irish company which is taking the fitness world by storm. sásta is a patented treadmill based fitness pod which uses vacuum technology. The pod is only available in sásta studios, small, non-intimidating and welcoming studios, full of encouragement and positivity.

Postby Zest Sports Therapy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:20 am

Zest Sports Therapy

At Zest Sports Therapy I believe in using regular massage to relieve stress, prevent sports injuries, reduce chronic
pain and achieve optimal levels of health and well being. I am qualified in both Holistic and Sports Massage and
believe it is necessary, before beginning a course of treatments, to acknowledge the many and varied factors
that can have an adverse affect on a client's physical health, such as exercise, nutrition and hydration, chemical
imbalances, illness, injury and stress levels of the client. I believe that by taking these factors into account and providing
education in order to manage your own health between treatments, recovery time can be improved, potential for
re-injury can be reduced and longer lasting benefits can be experienced.

My main interest lies in chronic and acute pain management, sports and general maintenance massage.
I incorporate a variety of techniques into my treatments including Classic Swedish Massage, Trigger Point Release,
Hot Stone Therapy, Mobilisation and Assisted Stretching in order to achieve optimum results.
By using varied forms of massage therapy and Sports Specific massage techniques the body is encouraged to
rebalance itself,and return to normal, pain-free functioning.

At Zest Sports Therapy I also believe preventative care is paramount to our physical and mental well-being. Life is busy and hectic these days and whether you're an avid athlete, a weekend warrior or life is your sport of choice, its easy to get caught up in the stress of it all and ignore those little niggles. I encourage my clients to take control of their own health and well-being by adding regular therapeutic massage into their health and fitness regimes. You will be amazed at how it can improve the quality of your life in so many ways. Massage is not only an incredibly effective and enjoyable way to achieve good physical and emotional balance. It is also a way to become more in tune with your body, increasing your awareness and bringing your attention to areas that may need a bit of extra care before experiencing noticeable pain or discomfort, thus reducing the potential for injury, strain and forced time out from an activity that you enjoy!

Re: Massage Therapy for Fitness & Life

Postby Zest Sports Therapy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:22 am

Zest Sports Therapy

Benefits of Massage
  • Decreases muscle tension and improves muscle tone
  • Reduces pain
  • Reduces stress
  • Improves posture and related issues
  • Reduces headaches and migraines
  • Increases quality of blood and lymph circulation and flushes metabolic waste and toxins from the body
  • Breaks down scar tissue
  • Increases rate of recovery from injury or post exercise pain
  • Reduces anxiety, mental and physical stress by calming the nervous system
  • Strengthens Immune system
  • Improves injury recovery
  • Improves sports performance and reduces risk of injury by conditioning the muscles
  • Improve range of movement
  • Improves quality of sleep, thus improving efficiency of all body functions and speeding up recovery from physical activity