Mumstown Chat

Mr & Mrs. Mumstown getting fit together...possible disaster?

Founded in 2010 after extensive research and product design, sásta Fitness Franchise is an Irish company which is taking the fitness world by storm. sásta is a patented treadmill based fitness pod which uses vacuum technology. The pod is only available in sásta studios, small, non-intimidating and welcoming studios, full of encouragement and positivity.

Re: Mr & Mrs. Mumstown getting fit together...possible disas

Postby Sabbi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Sabbi

sásta is having an open day on Sunday 8th March, so you can come along and check it out and there will be lots going on, including entertainment for the little ones. We'll be there too!

Postby admin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:17 am

admin
Site Admin

Have to say it was great seeing so many Mumstown Members at sásta Fitness this morning - looking very good Girls!

I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago playing football so this morning was my first session back - tackled & finished Athlete 1 did the body sculpting and having heard Carmel & others talk about the bootcamp where you do Pod - Body Sculpting - Pod, I thought I'd try my 2nd Pod session (dropping down to Jog4) - I lasted precisely 3min4sec and my legs just broke out laughing at me literally saying "not today Pal - maybe next week!"

Really happy to be back and will build myself up a little more before tacking the bootcamp!

Postby Sabbi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

Sabbi

Just as Mr. Mumstown is back to full exercising (sprained ankle partly to blame, I also think living in an Easter egg filled house may have had something to do with it too!!) I am out injured with a bad knee.

I fell of a ladder while painting my son's bedroom. That's last time I do any DIY around here....

But, the guys in sásta have been great, they are helping me stay on track with my eating plan and are helping me do exercises that do not put pressure on my knee. I am getting lots of leg lifts, tummy crunches, chest flys etc in so my legs, tummy, arms are all still getting plenty of attention.

So, I won't be laying around all day....injury or not, I'll still be getting some good exercise in and I am chuffed about that. I would be gutted to be completely out of action after all the hard work I've put in since I started this plan last year.

This is what I like about this plan - they really do everything they can to work around you. The times are flexible, exercises are based on your ability and they are just so nice and want to help you - without being pushy.

I think with them keeping me in check, I won't put back up the weight I lost while I'm injured. Which I was a bit worried about tbh.

Well, I hope so anyway.... :)

Postby Sabbi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Sabbi

I am chuffed!!!

For the past 4 weeks I have been unable to do any proper exercise because I hurt my knee. I was worried that I would have piled on a few pounds because I did indulge in some chocolate over Easter but mostly, I have been sticking to my sasta food plan.

I went back to sasta this week for a weigh in and to my great relief, I have not put on a single pound!

The guys are being so supportive to me while I'm injured. They sent me home food diaries to keep an eye on what I was eating and they gave me a series of exercises I can do for my upper body, tummy and legs - that won't put any pressure on my knee at all.

So I am back exercising now with the plan and exercises they have given me and am sticking to the food plan and even though I won't be back running for another few weeks, I feel like I am back on track to lose the last stone I need to shift!

Phew....I am so happy all my hard work over the past 6 months has not been undone by my injury!

Postby munchin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 am

munchin

well done Sabbi
I've had few rough weeks and have been up and down 1lb!!! hopefully will get back on track

Postby admin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 am

admin
Site Admin

WOW!

Got in a nice session on Tuesday and because football was cancelled this week got in 2 more sessions on Thursday & Friday.

Following from last week I have considered doing a back to back Pod session but didn't feel up for it earlier in the week. This morning after finishing Athlete 1 & the body sculpting, the lovely Stephanie suggested I try Jog 1.

Gave it a shot and really enjoyed it, to be honest Athlete 1 isn't a great deal of fun - it is hard and it pushes you but you get great results. Jog 1 is enjoyable, it's a great way to loosen up the muscles and have a really enjoyable jog.

In future when time permits, I think I'll try the Athlete 1 - Body Sculpting - Jog 1 session.

Really feel great at the moment, although once I stand up my legs will probably forget their actual functions!

Postby Sabbi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:21 am

Sabbi

After all that exercise, I think I'll be cooking the dinner today and putting kids to bed tonight because hubby will be unconscious on a couch somewhere!!!

Postby Sabbi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Sabbi

Have to say....my hubby was so happy with himself when he came home after his mammoth session that he inspired me to get my mat out and do some exercises myself.

The girls in sasta have given me a series of exercises to do that won't hurt my knee and so I did them all - and a bit extra - today.

Having him so happy with himself gave me the nudge I needed to do something today.

Delighted now that I got a good workout in.

Will enjoy my glass of wine tonight that bit more now!!

Postby admin » Mon May 11, 2015 6:09 pm

admin
Site Admin

Something very funny just happened, Mrs Mumstown decided to move half the house around, this included moving perfectly nice pictures from one room to another, hanging up some new pictures and changing some other bits & pieces.

Thought I'd save myself some hassle by sticking on the old tool belt to make life that bit easier for the reasonable requests. Much to my joy & a really good laugh, the tool belt was too big for me; took enormous pleasure dropping it down a size or two...even more motivation to get a session in tomorrow morning!

Postby admin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:21 pm

admin
Site Admin

We're both blaming the kids on this...only one of us made an appearance in sásta over the Summer holidays, we're blaming kids activities, work & other things (nobody mention the lie-in's).

But this morning we both returned to sásta, Mrs Mumstown was very impressive in both the Pod & the body sculpting - big red head at the end was a great sign.

And for Mr Mumstown, I managed to pull my Achilles Tendon a few weeks ago so took it easy in the Pod but got a good body sculpting session.

I'm certainly feeling the good affects of the workout and looking forward to getting back to regular workouts - the jeans can't take the pressure anymore!

Postby Sabbi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Sabbi

Stiff everywhere....hurts when I laugh....cannot believe I've gotten so unfit over past few months! Well, I've still been doing my weights and workouts on the floor but with my knee injury, I have not been able to run but I've had some physio and he recommended I get walking so yesterday I did a fast walk on the pod and oh my word, am I stiff today!!

But its a good sign, I have lost some of the tone on my legs from not being able to run over the past few months and I am so happy to be back in the pod. I want to tone my legs up again - I am planning some short dresses at Christmas party time!!!

If anyone wants to shed a few pounds or tone up for Christmas, now is a great time to join sásta. The guys are so helpful and will do weight ins and give you advice to help you achieve your goals.

Its been a great thing for me and my hubby.

I got weighed two weeks ago and I've put on 2lbs over the summer, its not too bad but I am determined to knock that off in the coming weeks!!

Postby admin » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 pm

admin
Site Admin

Woke up today feeling tired and cranky and to be honest, I had fully planned to head back to bed for an hour after the school drop off but when I saw my hubby coming down the stairs in his workout gear, I kicked my own arse and decided I might as well join him.

So instead of going for a snooze, I shook it off and got into my leggings and sports gear and headed to https://www.facebook.com/sastaDrogheda with him for a session.

I have to say, going for a workout really put me in a good mood and I had a very productive day as a result. It gave me energy and I got loads done. i am so happy I went now and I know I will enjoy my glass of wine tonight all the more for it!!

Exercise is like marriage.....you cannot cheat and expect it to work! :wink:

Previous