Mumstown Chat

Mr & Mrs. Mumstown getting fit together...possible disaster?

Founded in 2010 after extensive research and product design, sásta Fitness Franchise is an Irish company which is taking the fitness world by storm. sásta is a patented treadmill based fitness pod which uses vacuum technology. The pod is only available in sásta studios, small, non-intimidating and welcoming studios, full of encouragement and positivity.

Re: Mr & Mrs. Mumstown getting fit together...possible disas

Postby admin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:01 pm

admin
Site Admin

Evil here :evil:

I'm still in shock from this morning's weigh in.
When we met the guys in sásta originally they took us through their plan, there are lots of options and plenty ways to exercise and food plans to follow.

I've basically stuck with their plan and really feeling the results now.

This morning I was told I'd lost another 3lbs - genuinely stunned.
That's over 10lbs since we start six weeks ago :P

Postby Sabbi » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Sabbi

So far, I have lost a total of 11cm off my belly and today I wore a dress that I could not zip up last year. Its a great feeling when that happens.

This really is a great plan for anyone who wants to drop a dress size in a month. If I can do it - and I am a bit of a chocaholic - then anyone can!!

Postby admin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 pm

admin
Site Admin

We were about to throw our weights at one another but Carmel saved us with the evidence.

In absolute disbelief that I've almost finished Jog4 - my toughest setting to date.

Postby Sabbi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Sabbi

I am really loving this fitness & eating plan with sasta. I eat well most of the time and still have treats at weekends so I never feel deprived. I feel so good at the moment. I am sleeping better. I feel better and I'm pretty sure I am looking better too as I am down a whole dress size.. I feel strong and that is what is most important to me. Its not about weight or being skinny, its about being strong and feeling good and confident in myself.

As a friend said to me today 'Its shifting the spare tyre I had around my middle' and to me, that's a great compliment!

When I said this to my husband, he laughed and told me he has come up with a new nickname for me!! (there have been many over the years, when I was pregnant he used to call me BMW - which stood for Big Mama White and sometimes, when he felt like a kick in the shin, he would call me wideload - this only happened a few times because I threatened to sit on him with my huge pregnant self and he feared for his life!!)

I should say, the way we tease each other is always in great jest and we have so much laughter in our marriage and its never offensive, he tells me all the time how much he loves me and he will still feel me up any chance he gets which is nice after 12 years of marriage! (sorry if that makes anyone looks for a sick bucket!)

Anyway, the point is, slagging aside, I know he loves me loads and today, after 6 weeks of sweating buckets in Sasta he has come up with a new nickname 'Medium Juicy' in reference to my shrinking derrier!! Apparently, it was gaining momentum before we started this fitness plan, so its just as well we signed up!

I thought it was so funny.....bear in mind, I call him 'Nips' because the second the weather gets cold his nipples stand to alert and it makes me laugh every time.

Do we have a twisted marriage? Possibly. But do we have lots of fun while getting fit together and spurring each other on? Definitely!!

If anyone is curious about sasta, you can go for a free trial. Its hard to explain how it all works, trying it is the best way to experience it.

Its so brill when you get in to it. We are so glad we started it and cannot wait to see how we look and feel when Christmas rolls around!!!

And make sure to mention Mumstown for a DISCOUNT!!!! :D

email: drogheda@sastafitness.ie or call 0858858946

Postby CaliGal » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 pm

CaliGal

Ok I got this as hubby's Xmas pressie to me this year...I had the trial yesterday and was so impressed I joined for 1 month and had my first real session today.

Well I am in bits...I haven't sweat that much nor been pushed so hard since I did Tough Mudder in early October! The treadmill is nothing new nor the incline but the added vacuum element takes it up a few notches..it's like running in a windstorm in the French Alps! Well not EXACTLY like that but you really notice the gravity element working against you.

I love that it is 30 mins in the pod and 15 mins weights/core exercises (which you can also do at home as they give you a DVD).

The food plan is REAL single ingredient food that is really doable.

Looking forward to seeing what the coming 4 weeks bring me!

Postby Sabbi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Sabbi

That moment...... when you get into your 'Wishful thinking' jeans....it happened to me today. :D :D :D :D

So happy. Just so happy. Thanks to all the guys at Sásta Drogheda for making me work so hard in that pod over the past 7/8 weeks!!

Now the most important question - can I wear these jeans to a Black Tie event??? Because I want to wear them every day now that I can actually fit in to them!!!!

Postby admin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 am

admin
Site Admin

Two of us very happy with ourselves last Saturday night - nice not to wear gym gear all the time!

Postby munchin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:33 am

munchin

swish woo - looking good guys - fair play to you both for all your hard work!

Postby mammycool » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:56 am

mammycool

Well done to you both - the hard work is paying off.
mammycool

Postby admin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:22 pm

admin
Site Admin

Its a brilliant plan - there are so many mammies in there now, I feel in great company!!!

Postby admin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:10 pm

admin
Site Admin

Caligal was giving us a run for our money this morning - she was flying along on the pod! Keeping us on our toes....we'll have to move up a level now to stay up with her!!

Postby CaliGal » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:59 pm

CaliGal

Hot DAMN! I am down 4 lbs and 11cms from all over after my first week. HAPPY DAYS! :D :D

All the hard work paid off! The food plan is brilliant. Eating 5 times a day is tough work :lol: :lol: The pod sessions are challenging but doable.

Looking forward to seeing what week 2 brings!!!

Postby admin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:32 pm

admin
Site Admin

CaliGal wrote:Hot DAMN! I am down 4 lbs and 11cms from all over after my first week. HAPPY DAYS! :D :D

All the hard work paid off! The food plan is brilliant. Eating 5 times a day is tough work :lol: :lol: The pod sessions are challenging but doable.

Congratulations CaliGal that's brilliant, so rewarding when you get results like that, makes everything worth it.

Soon the food plan will become 2nd nature and you'll rip through the exercise sessions!

Today I did something silly - Athlete 2 - its beyond ridiculous, less than a handful of people have finished this setting. I did ok for the first 20mins but with 8mins remaining I had to bring the pace down, it was tough. Managed to finish it off but made sure I had a really good 3min breather. I will complete this setting at some stage - may need another week or two though.

Even after a rest I look wrecked:

Postby admin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:22 pm

admin
Site Admin

So I had to go back and try Athlete 2 again - yes I am crazy, yes I am a glutton for punishment but I felt last week I had a chance.

Started it up, want to smack myself, got going and agreed with Carmel if it was too much I'd bring the speed down. Just kept going and kept telling myself I could get through it. The tough part is the final 10 mark where last week I had to slow down - today I just kicked on through and with 6 mins remaining I knew I had it.
When the cool down flashes up at 2min remaining it really was punch the air time - I know the pics below don't tell the full story but I'm absolutely chuffed I completed the Athlete 2 setting - so funny typing that!

Postby CaliGal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:07 pm

CaliGal

Mr & Mrs Mumstown are on FIRE this week! Good jobs guys!

Postby Yvonne » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Yvonne

Wow you's are doing brilliantly!

Caligal, great results in a week, well done!

Sounds interesting! What does it cost per month?

Postby Sabbi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Sabbi

They have loads of options with packages starting at €60. Its really brill - you can go for a free trial to give it a go and see what you think.

I would highly recommend the free trial and see what you think and the guys will go through all the offers and packages with you.

Just give them a buzz on 0858858946 and they'll look after you. They are really nice and very encouraging without being pushy.

Postby Sabbi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:55 am

Sabbi

I hit the 1 stone weight loss mark today!!! :shock: :!: :D

It took alot of sweating & running over the past 2 months, with loads of help & encouragement from the guys at Sásta Drogheda. They are great - they really know how to motivate!

Thanks to Carmel and all the guys in there, they really helped me get to where I am today with my fitness and weight loss....I am so chuffed!!

Heading out tonight and will be so happy in my skinny jeans and heels!!!

If anyone is interested in shedding some pounds and feeling great, go for a free trial. It won't cost you a thing to try it out and if you like it, you can start on packages from only €60. Well worth it for the feeling of fitting into a pair of jeans I never thought would fit me ever again.....

Postby munchin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:32 pm

munchin

well done sabbi - hearing you rave about it has me seriously thinking about it for the new year - I've lost 2 stone this year but would love another 1 more stone. work is absolutely manic at the minute but will think about it over the holidays

Postby admin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:21 pm

admin
Site Admin

2 stone - wow, that's amazing!!!!!!

Sasta is really really effective for toning and fitness. As Caligal said, its shifting my spare tyre!!! :lol: :lol:

And she was looking great this week herself - her bum is definitely a few inches higher now!!

They have a deal at Christmas with unlimited visits for only 60 quid. I'll be making sure to have a few sessions in next couple of weeks - no way I am going to undo all my hard work over Christmas!! I will have treats and enjoy the Christmas but still going in for a few runs.

If you are going mention Mumstown and you'll get a discount :)

Postby Sabbi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Sabbi

I had my first weigh in of 2015 and I am down 2lbs!!! The last time I had a weigh in at sásta was a few days before Christmas so I am absolutely delighted with my results!!!

I did indulge over Christmas and ate more chocolate and crisps and drank more wine than I normally would but I think because I am in a routine of eating every few hours now and of not over eating that I maintained my weight well. I am careful not to eat too much at dinner time, I don't snack on bad foods and I watch things like portions of potatoes etc and I kind of kept this up over Christmas as its become normal to me now.

We have gotten in to a routine, so while we did have treats, I didn't over do it and so I did not gain any weight.

I honestly thought I would be up about 2-3 lbs so was delighted with this today.

This sasta plan is so good. You don't have to deprive yourself - its about balance. I love it.

My goal for this year is to wear a bikini on holiday at the end of the summer. I never thought I would even contemplate wearing a bikini but here I am, down over a stone and confident I can lose another stone this year and get back to me pre-pregnancy weight and maybe a bikini is achievable!! Feeling so happy right now!!

Postby admin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:48 pm

admin
Site Admin

There are some great January Offers at Sásta Drogheda at the moment....

Get 6 months unlimited sessions on the fitness pod, along with unlimited body sculpting sessions, for price of 3 months!!

This works out €450 for just the exercise or €470 for exercise & food plan.

Have to say, the food plan is brilliant, as its food whole family can eat e.g. porridge for breakfast, wraps for lunch, curries for dinner etc. and that kind of thing. Its normal food, normal snacks and some treats too -which makes its very workable.

We are down over 2 stone since we started doing it in Oct. Not only do we look better but we feel much better too. And it has not had any impact on our children, they like the meals as much as we do because its the kind of thing we would have cooked anyway - just slightly different with cutting down on potato portions etc. Small changes that are making a bit difference.

Highly recommend giving it a go. Call 0858858946 for a FREE Trial :D

Postby Sabbi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Sabbi

Seems to be lots of mammies signing up to sásta this month. There were 4 of us there this morning huffing & puffing but having a bit of craic as well. Lots of ooh and aah while we squatted and did our post pod exercises.

Its very flexible for mammies and I think that's why it suits us so well. You can go anytime from early morning to late at night. I went at 10am this morning and will go Thursday afternoon, so I can work it around my schedule.

So good and the 6 months for price of 3 offer is still on.

call or email for a free trial 0858858946 or drogheda@sastafitness.ie

Postby admin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:51 pm

admin
Site Admin

Another great session today. The two of us headed over together and ran ourselves ragged! Mr. Mumstown was on Athlete 1 (crazy fast!) and me Mrs. Mumstown was on Jog 2 (which is fast for my little legs!!)

We had two big sweaty heads after running in the pod but just about managed to do some body sculpting too.

All in all, a great workout and a great start to the weekend.

Now we can have a few glasses of wine, steak dinner and an ice-cream guilt free!!!

Great to see so many new faces coming in to sásta - the word is spreading from Mammy to Mammy that this is a great programme and perfect for mums.

Postby Sabbi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Sabbi

With a post baby belly that won't go away (will it ever!!??), I can find it hard to get really good leggings that stay put when I am running. I hate when I am running and I get a wedgie or even worse, when my leggings roll down a bit over my belly area. (This happened to me one day in the pod and by the time I was finished running, the leggings had rolled down so much my arse crack was fully exposed!. Thank goodness the pod is enclosed, no-one wanted to see my bum!)

I was at a fair in RDS a few weeks ago and I came across a great range of sports gear from Irish company Grace & Aibell.

The range looked great so I went online and had a look and this week picked up a pair of Dragonfly leggings. They are made from a gorgeous material, soft inside, silky feeling outside. I wore them running yesterday and today and they were really nice on. They felt like a second skin, they literally did not move on me. They have a thick waistband, which I love because it covers my tummy nicely and there is no worry about them rolling down and revealing my spare tyre. Think mammies will really like them, here is the link to the ones I got: https://www.graceandaibell.com/shop/bik ... aist-band/

they often have sales and offers, so let Claire know you are a Mumstown member if you are ordering something and you might get a discount!!

PreviousNext