Mumstown Chat

5k run????

Founded in 2010 after extensive research and product design, sásta Fitness Franchise is an Irish company which is taking the fitness world by storm. sásta is a patented treadmill based fitness pod which uses vacuum technology. The pod is only available in sásta studios, small, non-intimidating and welcoming studios, full of encouragement and positivity.

5k run????

Postby ruby » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:30 pm

ruby

hi guys.....i started the couch to 5k a number of weeks ago and i am really proud in that ive stuck to it and now find myself at week six......ive never ever run before and im surprised to find im actually enjoying it.......all going well i should be ready top tackle a 5k in abaout 3 weeks.....just wondering if anyone klnows of an upcoming 5k i could sign up for....this would give me something to focus for.......there was lots during the summer but they seem to be thin on the ground now......typical me.......start a summer sport heading into winter!!!!!!!!

Re: 5k run????

Postby Sabbi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Sabbi

Well done, that's brilliant :D :D

Ray D'Arcy is doing 5km's all this week around Ireland.

There is the Run a Muck in October, which is a 5km through mucky fields! Its supposed to be great craic, the gals at LabFitness get involved every year and if you want any info on that, just email Laura at info@labfitness.com

If you check out Athletics Ireland, they are involved with runs all over the country.

HTH :D

Postby libby1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:05 pm

libby1

Precision timing website give a list as well
Well done

Postby ruby » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:24 pm

ruby

thanks a mill guys........ill check out those websites and have a look,,,,,.......never in a million years think id be looking to run 5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Fabienne » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:43 pm

French teacher,

Postby Sabbi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

Sabbi

Caligal and I ran almost 5km this morning we did it almost all without stopping, we slowed down a tad once or twice but we basically ran the whole thing and then we followed it up with some training on the beach. My legs are in tatters now but delighted we did it.

Running is not just good for the body but for the head too. Sets you up for the day!! :D

Postby ruby » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:09 pm

ruby

Thanks so much for all the replies girls....I did some more asking about and found out that there are free 5k runs on every saturday morn in Oldbridge estate.......its a voluntary based acheme called Parkrun which organises runs in various parks thoughout the counrty.......Im defo gonna try one in the the few weeks!!!

Postby Sabbi » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Sabbi

My hubby and I are doing the Sásta fitness plan for a month and it involves running 30 mins each session. Its not easy to run for 30 mins (there is a warm up and cool down thank goodness!) but I am feeling really good after just 1.5 weeks of it and its great to see that I am able to run a bit faster and longer each time. Would definitely recommend it. Its an overall fitness plan with diet advice etc too.

Hoping to get into a very special LRD by Christmas!!!

www.sastafitness.ie